Learning Management System
Abasyn University, Peshawar was established in December 2007 through promulgation of an ordinance by the Governor KPK following recommendation of Higher Education Commission, Islamabad for grant of charter to Abasyn University, Peshawar, upon fulfillment of the bench-marks laid down by the Commission and the Federal Cabinet. Subsequently, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly ratified the promulgation of the Ordinance through Act No. XIII of 2009.
Abasyn University was the first University of KPK having been placed in the highest category ‘W’ by HEC right away.
Abasyn University established a distinctive new Campus in the city of Peshawar. The Higher Education Commission has awarded category- “W3” to Abasyn University in the new ranking system which is a recognition of the efforts made by the University to build a standard infrastructure and to provide quality education opportunities to its students.
Building a nationwide knowledge Community through quality education, relevance, critical thinking, creativity, research and social responsibility.
Aims and Objective of the Abasyn University
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational, training and research opportunities that produce highly qualified graduates and responsible citizens who are able to meet the needs of all sectors of human activity. The University offers to its students relevant qualifications, including professional training, which combine high-level knowledge and skills, using courses and content continually tailored to the present and future needs of society.
General goals of the University are:
- To pursue excellence in education and research by developing relevant curriculum, hired talented faculty, create conducive environment and develop infra structure to support quality education and research.
- To produce graduates who possess high quality ability to contribute toward the development of society. The high quality ability combines both professional and humanistic competence.
- To educate the whole person rather than produce graduates.
- To encourage students to challenge current theories and practices.
- To encourage student to break new grounds and cultivate leadership quality.
- To promote awareness and importance of both education and research in achieving a competitive status among other nations.
- To relate fundamental concepts to practical applications, and provide students with the necessary skills to function as responsible professionals.
- To use a variety of modern mechanisms to adopt appropriate new technologies and methodologies.
- To analyze organizations’ information requirements and match them with available technologies and methods.
- To develop strong interpersonal and communication skills of its graduates.